Humanities and Social Sciences (HaSS) learning area comprises four subjects:
Civics and Citizenship, Economics and Business, Geography and History.
Northam Primary Schools program for HaSS aims to ensure that students develop:
- a knowledge of respect for places, people, cultures, events, ideas and environments.
- an understanding of how to be active participants in society at a local, national and global scale
- a knowledge, understanding and an appreciation of the Indigenous histories and cultures
- the ability to think critically, solve problems and make informed decisions about real-world events and issues
- a knowledge and understanding of the connections among the peoples of Asia, Australia and the rest of the world.
- inquiry skills, knowledge and understandings relating to communities and businesses.
Our program ensures engagement amongst all students through interactive presentations, online quizzes, games and integration of ICT.